| Wed, Dec 31 1969 04:00 PM

Sports Photo Gallery
Rate This Article vote(s)
Average Vote 0/5

Eileen Robinson Says:

Sun, Apr 23 2017 07:03 PM

May God be with you. Praying that you will all have wisdom and courage!

Queen Spartan Says:

Wed, Apr 19 2017 12:31 PM

Now now now james, I need you to get back to work, ok?

James Says:

Tue, Apr 18 2017 09:55 PM

Why does Segura get called Chula Vista man in the headline? Doesn't the author of this story know Mr. Segura is a Sweetwater Board member and a union leader.

Star-News really knows how to pick the headlines. Chula Vista Man. Ha!

MevinKock Says:

Tue, Apr 18 2017 07:47 PM

We need more school board members and local politicians to protest! Vote democrat!

Sun, Apr 16 2017 09:02 AM

It is a person who is filled with deep values who stands up for what he/she believes in. Stands tall with the integrity to speak the words that need to be not only heard but listened to, no matter what the consequences. At the end of the day HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES MATTERS - the consequences we face for being true to self have little consequence. As Grandmother Annie use to say - 'you need to like the person you see looking back in the mirror' - a mantra Mr. Segura must have been taught by his elders!

Thisguy Says:

Sat, Apr 15 2017 12:28 PM

Escobedo is a very effective superintendent. Wishing he would become superintendent of the sweetwater district, promote accountability, and get rid of the 2-3 various ineffective mafia groups within the sweetwater district.

Mark Bennett Says:

Sat, Apr 15 2017 08:18 AM

This is my water district and I had no dea this was going on until now. This kind of bigotry MUST NOT be tolerated in a public official. I will be calling and attending board meeting Monday.

visduh Says:

Wed, Apr 05 2017 09:17 PM

These guys may be taking a break, but I refuse to. Especially from all my paid lunches! Yummy!

Tue, Apr 04 2017 08:55 AM

ENOUGH WITH NEW TAXES - do what we, the little people do OPERATE ON A BUDGET!

NO MORE TAXES TO ANY ENTITY!!!!! You have shown us your promises mean little!!

Tue, Apr 04 2017 08:52 AM

UNIONS were established to protect and promote those they represent. When UNIONS fail to make their PAYING members their priority it is time for a reset. Unfortunately we are seeing 'some' UNION leaders focused on 'self' vs. 'serving those they represent'.

Let's not forget it is the MEMBERS vs. the leaders who are the workers and the members best interests MUST be the priority.

Tanner Says:

Tue, Mar 21 2017 04:23 PM

Sadly I voted for Hector G. Now I regrets it. I would love to redo my vote and sign a recall petition. Sign me up!

julie hoffman Says:

Tue, Mar 21 2017 04:17 PM

I feel it's clear that Hector Gastelum meant what he originally said about Muslims as "Subhuman and "Scum". Now caught he tries to wiggle out of this and cover saying it was taken out of context. Nice try! No matter what, these words are despicable and racist remarks no matter how you cut it, therefore an apology was not enough to wipe "the slate clean". It's enough for him to resign and move on to something else which this would even things up. bye and good luck!