Thu, Oct 10 2013 05:29 PM Posted By: Phillip Brents
It’s back! Yes, Halloween is fast approaching. Pumpkins and black cats, spiders and spooks are on everyone’s Halloween check-list — and so should a slice of home-cooked pumpkin pie during these cool October evenings.
On second thought, why not a whole pie?
Marie Callender's whole pie-to go sale is back through Oct. 31. Customers can choose from more than 30 varieties of Marie Callender’s pies for the special promotional price of $7.99 plus tin.
Some of the delectable selections include:
◦ •Apple: sliced apples, sweetened and spiced with cinnamon.
◦ •Banana cream: fresh ripe bananas, rich vanilla cream, fresh whipped cream or a fluffy meringue.
◦ •Berry: a variety of plump, ripe berries, baked in this double crust pie.
◦ •Blueberry: blueberries enhanced with flavorful apples
◦ •Cherry: juicy, tart, red cherries.
◦ •Coconut cream: coconut folded into rich vanilla cream.
◦ •French apple: Traditional apple pie with a crumbly cinnamon streusel topping.
◦ •Lemon meringue: Slightly tart, slightly sweet, topped with a light golden meringue.
◦ •Peach: With thick sliced peaches.
◦ •Pumpkin: This signature pumpkin pie has just the right amount of spice.
Please note that the pie sale excludes cheesecakes, seasonal fresh fruit pies and promotional pies. For a complete listing of available pies, visit the website at www.mariecallenders.com.
Marie Callender’s is located in Chula Vista at 330 F St. Call 420-0751.
© 2009 The Star-News