[x]close

use comma(,) if mutliple email addresses i.e(friend@domain.com, friend2@domain.com)

Teen assailant identified by victim Neal Putnam | Sat, Apr 09 2011 12:00 PM

A National City man who was shot six times last summer has recovered enough to identify one man in court as the gunman.

Sean Simpson, 26, was once in critical condition but steadily made improvements and was not paralyzed even though most of the shots struck his back on July 22, 2010. The preliminary hearing had been delayed while he recovered.

Treviyon DeShawn Rew, 18, was ordered to stand trial for attempted murder, carjacking, four robbery counts, auto theft, and carrying a concealed weapon that included a separate incident of holding up three Irish tourists in Ocean Beach.

Simpson told Chula Vista Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sontag he was celebrating his birthday at a friend's house and had just came home about 1:10 a.m. when two men approached him in the parking lot of his gated apartment. The men shot him and stole his 2004 Toyota Corolla.

Rew and an unidentified suspect are accused of robbing three women in their 20s who were staying at the Ocean Beach International Hostel while they were on vacation from Ireland. The women were not called as witnesses, but police officers told the judge what the women said about the robbery that happened two hours after Simpson was shot.

Rew was arrested July 28 in San Diego. He has pleaded not guilty and remains in the Vista Detention Facility on $1.5 million bail.

Rate This Article 0 vote(s)
Average Vote 0/5
Leave Comment
Name
Email

(will not be published)

Comment(s)

The Star-News | 296 3rd Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910 | Phone: 619-427-3000 | Fax: 619-426-6346 | info@thestarnews.com| Site Feedback| Corporate