[x]close

use comma(,) if mutliple email addresses i.e(friend@domain.com, friend2@domain.com)

Party goers plead not guilty Neal Putnam | Sat, Apr 09 2011 12:00 PM

A Sept. 6 trial date has been set for one man suspected of murder following a party in Chula Vista.

Uriel Alejandro Sanchez, 21, of Bonita, is the only one of three men originally arrested for murder who was ordered by a judge to stand trial following a preliminary hearing in Chula Vista Superior Court.

Sanchez is accused of killing Joseph Baars, 21, of Chula Vista, on Oct. 10, 2010, following a party in the 400 block of Krista Court in Chula Vista.

Both Sanchez and Baars had dated the same woman and a fight erupted in the street, where police found Baars on the road, a prosecutor said.

Anthony Talavera, 19, of Chula Vista, was ordered to stand trial for felony assault in the same incident by Judge Francis Devaney last month.

All charges against a third man, Victor Castro, 19, of Chula Vista, were dropped by the District Attorney's Office shortly before the hearing.

Deputy District Attorney Hector Jimenez said alcohol was a factor in the incident.

Both Sanchez and Talavera have pleaded not guilty. Sanchez remains in the South Bay Detention Facility on $1 million bail, while Talavera is free on a bail bond.

Rate This Article 0 vote(s)
Average Vote 0/5
Leave Comment
Name
Email

(will not be published)

Comment(s)

The Star-News | 296 3rd Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910 | Phone: 619-427-3000 | Fax: 619-426-6346 | info@thestarnews.com| Site Feedback| Corporate