[x]close

use comma(,) if mutliple email addresses i.e(friend@domain.com, friend2@domain.com)

Man admits breaking into teen’s home Neal Putnam | Sat, Aug 24 2013 12:00 PM

The man suspected in a burglary at a Chula Vista house where a teenage girl hid in a closet, pleaded guilty last week to three counts of burglary, possession of stolen property, and auto theft.

Deputy District Attorney Carolyn Matzger said Robin Sadik, 18, faces a maximum sentence of 10 years and eight months in state prison. The sentence could also be less than the maximum, she said.

Sentencing was set for Sept. 9 before Chula Vista Superior Court Judge Garry Haehnle. Sadik has remained in the South Bay Detention Facility on $145,000 bail since March 20. Two 17-year-old boys were also arrested with Sadik for burglary of the house on Avenida Altamira, but their cases have been held in Juvenile Court and are not public record.
Doyin Oladipupo, 15, was at home alone doing her homework during the afternoon burglary and heard the home’s security alarm system notification that a window had been propped open.

Oladipupo kept her wits about her and called 911 from her parents’ walk-in closet. The 911 dispatcher asked her to tap her responses so the burglars wouldn’t hear her.

Rate This Article 0 vote(s)
Average Vote 0/5
Leave Comment
Name
Email

(will not be published)

Comment(s)

The Star-News | 296 3rd Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910 | Phone: 619-427-3000 | Fax: 619-426-6346 | info@thestarnews.com| Site Feedback| Corporate