Esoteric Astrology as news for week August 24 – 31, 2016
Nostalgia reigned in films released in the July and August. To fully appreciate most of the following shows, catch up on the originals before viewing the new models/sequels. Jason Bourne To gain insight into Bourne’s personal history, w [..]
Feb. 3, 1959 — it’s been popularly called The Day the Music Died, in reference to Don McLeod’s 1971 iconic ballad “American Pie,” which references the date that rock ’n’ roll singers Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson were killed in a plane crash near Mason City, Iowa.
Something wicked this way comes to the Old Globe. Shakespeare’s classic tale of power and betrayal – “Macbeth” — comes to the Lowell Davies Festival Theatre during the 2016 Shakespeare Festival.
In just three short years, Buddy Holly set the music world on fire and forever changed the face and sound of rock ’n’ roll. “Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story," the musical that charts his meteoric climb, legendary adventures and tragic fall, kicks off OnStage Playhouse’s 2016-17 season of shows.
- Get ready for plenty or re-boots, remakes and sequels hit the screen
- Lots to see before summer blockbusters jam the screen
- Back to the movies: 'Jungle Book' leads latest crop of offerings
- San Diego Latino Film Festival warrants chants of 'Olé, olé, olé ...'
- See you at the movies
- Top picks for upcoming Academy Awards, what to see in theaters
- Palm Springs Film Festival opens door to awards season
- Happy hauntings -- or how to carve a Halloween pumpkin
- It's a wrap: San Diego Film Festival announces 2015 award winners
- San Diego Film Festival closes this weekend with diverse offerings
- San Diego Film Festival to screen 110 offerings for celloloid lovers
- War-torn El Salvador is setting for CV novelist
- Total lunar eclipse to provide Easter weekend present for skywatchers
- Arts have added much to my life, how about yours?
- Still not too late to drop in on Palm Springs International Film Festival
- American roots duo Smooth Hound Smith to open for Dixie Chicks
- Get ready to rock at Village Walk at Eastlake every Sunday
- Village Street Faire to take over CV’s Third Avenue on Sunday
- Baja Bugs impress Queen Bee audience at Beatles Fair
- 'American Idol' sensation Jessica Sanchez spices up Poinsettia Bowl game with live performance
- Bundle up for 'magical' snowfall in Eastlake
- Eclipse-chasers converge to view sun's burning "ring of fire"
- Former Sweetwater district arts chief honored with department name
- Chula Vistans rock out at 'party of the century'
- Multi-platinum rockers P.O.D. to headline Chula Vista's 100th birthday celebration
- New lineup has Baja Bugs reaching new heights
- Olympic View students are abuzz
- SWC choir to perform at major Dia de los Muertos event
- Mainly Mozart returns to Mater Dei Catholic's Kassebaum Theatre
- Get your groove on at NC's bayfront
- Legendary rocker Buddy Holly returns in bigger than life production
- Restaging of classic play entices audience with visual spectacle
- 'Buddy — The Buddy Holly Story' will rock and roll OnStage theater-goers
- New York City of the Roaring Twenties comes to Chula Vista
- 'Evita' remains timeless as ever in Chula Vista OnStage Production
- Want to raise your spirits? Let Madame Arcati do it at OnStage Playhouse
- 'The Music Man' closes this weekend at CVHS
- At least two sides to a story in OnStage's gritty 'Coyote on a Fence'
- ‘Almost, Maine’ — love-lorn residents and Northern Lights combine for entertaining play
- CYT to present 'The Addams Family' as finger-snapping post-Halloween treat
- ‘Full Gallop’ finds Vogue fashion icon Vreeland at crossroads
- Something smells a 'Fowl' in latest Bonitafest Melodrama production
- 'Unncessary Farce' is light, laugh-out-loud fun at OnStage Playhouse
- San Diego International Fringe Festival to push boundaries
- Fifty years of Cowboy Artists of America on display at Bonita museum
» Canine Companions for Independence graduation ceremony
The Canine Companions for Independence...
» I'm the Boss, Now What? How to Manage the Transition from Peer to Supervisor
This -day workshop will focus...