The second annual San Diego International Fringe Festival is entering its final week. The local performing arts event wraps up Sunday, July 13. Don’t let the warm weather keep you from enjoying this showcase for local artistic talent.
What do a Wiccan priestess, a Michael Jackson impersonator and a young Jewish girl from Chula Vista have in common? They are all players in the life of multi-talented performing artist Devra Gregory, whose one-woman show “Woman in the Mirror, a Dancer’s Journey” was part of this year’s second annual San Diego International Fringe Festival.
Get ready to fall in love under the sea — again — as “Disney’s Little Mermaid” comes to the stage for the first time in Chula Vista. South County Christian Youth Theater’s production runs May 16 to 18 and May 23 to 25 at the Mater Dei Catholic High School performing arts theater.
The Olympian High School theater arts program’s presentation of “Our Town,” a three-act play by American playwright Thornton Wilder, will wrap up this weekend with three performances: Friday, April 25, and Saturday, April 26, at 7 p.m. and April 26 at 2 p.m. in the campus theater.
- Look skyward during Global Astronomy Month
- More than 100 films to screen at San Diego Film Festival this week
- Skateboarders converge for film project in Chula Vista
- 'Revelation Road 2' movie premiere set this weekend at CV’s UltraStar Cinemas
- Top 10 films of 2012? One critic checks off her list of favorites
- Is 'Cloud Atlas' the best film of 2012?
- 'Life of Pi' tells an amazing story
- Get into the 'spirit' of Halloween with these flick picks
- Re-boot of classic TV 'Munsters' to air as Halloween special
- Making the movie rounds
- Que Viva Cine Latino film series continues at Otay Ranch Town Center
- Anthem for a new generation: IB boys making the hip-hop music scene
- 'John Carter' film celebrates sci-fi classic book's 100th anniversary
- American values trumpeted in 'Act of Valor'
- No one is safe, even in 'Safe House'
- Baja Bugs impress Queen Bee audience at Beatles Fair
- 'American Idol' sensation Jessica Sanchez spices up Poinsettia Bowl game with live performance
- Bundle up for 'magical' snowfall in Eastlake
- Eclipse-chasers converge to view sun's burning "ring of fire"
- Former Sweetwater district arts chief honored with department name
- Chula Vistans rock out at 'party of the century'
- Multi-platinum rockers P.O.D. to headline Chula Vista's 100th birthday celebration
- New lineup has Baja Bugs reaching new heights
- Olympic View students are abuzz
- SWC choir to perform at major Dia de los Muertos event
- Mainly Mozart returns to Mater Dei Catholic's Kassebaum Theatre
- Get your groove on at NC's bayfront
- American Carnage tour hits Chula Vista with a sledgehammer
- CV's Baja Bugs play rooftop concert
- Zeros' European tour a smash despite weather
- Fringe Festival shines spotlight on local theater talent
- Mirror, mirror — Gregory views life through dance and transformation
- 'Disney's Little Mermaid' to make a splash in Chula Vista
- 'Our Town' on tap for Olympian High School drama department this weekend
- ‘Shrek the Musical’ to make its CYT debut in Chula Vista
- South County CYT’s ‘Willy Wonka’ is family-friendly theater viewing
- ‘Logan Heights’ may not be heaven, but it’s home for the Rosales family in OnStage production
- OnStage Playhouse receives 47 nominations for Aubrey Awards
- Olympian's 'The Crucible' provides intense payoff
- OnStage Playhouse to be represented at national showcase
- CYT delights locals with production of ‘Peter Pan’
- Olympian High School students tackle performance of 'Grease'
- CYT's 'Annie' opens this weekend at Mater Dei Catholic High School
- Wonder of the wild expresses dynamic of watercolor for Eastlake artist
- 'A Hammer, A Bell, and A Song to Sing' livens up Lyceum
» 19th Annual Anniversary Show - Exclusive Collections Gallery Celebrates its 19th Year in Business with an Art Show Featuring Steve Barton and Walfrido Garcia
SAN DIEGO June Exclusive Collections...