My husband (photographer Ron Becijos) and I have a movie addiction. We see a film in the theater at least once a week (popcorn is involved.) We would likely have withdrawal symptoms if kept from our pastime.
At the beginning of January, the world’s cinematic spotlight is on Palm Springs and its 27th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival where, from Jan. 1-11, nearly 200 films are being presented, including world premieres, U.S. premieres and various indie and foreign movies. Many of the films are receiving Oscar awards buzz.
Ready for some wintery weather this season, after our record-long summer? Attend the play “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani at Chula Vista’s OnStage Playhouse for a cold night in the middle of winter, with the Northern Lights overhead.
What are you planning to do for Halloween this year? Dress up in costume and trick or treat around the neighborhood or attend a party in costume? Set up a cool front yard display to add a bit of fright to the evening chill?
- Top picks for upcoming Academy Awards, what to see in theaters
- Palm Springs Film Festival opens door to awards season
- Happy hauntings -- or how to carve a Halloween pumpkin
- It's a wrap: San Diego Film Festival announces 2015 award winners
- San Diego Film Festival closes this weekend with diverse offerings
- San Diego Film Festival to screen 110 offerings for celloloid lovers
- War-torn El Salvador is setting for CV novelist
- Total lunar eclipse to provide Easter weekend present for skywatchers
- Arts have added much to my life, how about yours?
- Still not too late to drop in on Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Look skyward during Global Astronomy Month
- More than 100 films to screen at San Diego Film Festival this week
- Skateboarders converge for film project in Chula Vista
- 'Revelation Road 2' movie premiere set this weekend at CV’s UltraStar Cinemas
- Top 10 films of 2012? One critic checks off her list of favorites
- Village Street Faire to take over CV’s Third Avenue on Sunday
- Baja Bugs impress Queen Bee audience at Beatles Fair
- 'American Idol' sensation Jessica Sanchez spices up Poinsettia Bowl game with live performance
- Bundle up for 'magical' snowfall in Eastlake
- Eclipse-chasers converge to view sun's burning "ring of fire"
- Former Sweetwater district arts chief honored with department name
- Chula Vistans rock out at 'party of the century'
- Multi-platinum rockers P.O.D. to headline Chula Vista's 100th birthday celebration
- New lineup has Baja Bugs reaching new heights
- Olympic View students are abuzz
- SWC choir to perform at major Dia de los Muertos event
- Mainly Mozart returns to Mater Dei Catholic's Kassebaum Theatre
- Get your groove on at NC's bayfront
- American Carnage tour hits Chula Vista with a sledgehammer
- CV's Baja Bugs play rooftop concert
- ‘Almost, Maine’ — love-lorn residents and Northern Lights combine for entertaining play
- CYT to present 'The Addams Family' as finger-snapping post-Halloween treat
- ‘Full Gallop’ finds Vogue fashion icon Vreeland at crossroads
- Something smells a 'Fowl' in latest Bonitafest Melodrama production
- 'Unncessary Farce' is light, laugh-out-loud fun at OnStage Playhouse
- San Diego International Fringe Festival to push boundaries
- Fifty years of Cowboy Artists of America on display at Bonita museum
- ‘Always ... Patsy Cline’ lights up OnStage production with energy
- Shutterbugs in search of dark skies are in luck this summer
- Chula Vista Art Guild celebrates 70th anniversary with Southwestern College exhibit
- Great blue heron nests drawing bird watchers to CV's Bayside Park
- Charlie Brown, Snoopy and friends come to life through CYT
- Southwestern College Summer Arts Program for teens offers signups
- Bonita Museum and Cultural Center provides venue for young artists
- New art exhibit at SWC showcases binational identity
» Summer Miracles Host Orientation Webinar Have THE Summer of a Lifetime!
It's the summer to kick...
» Strategic Interviewing
Want to contribute to the...
» San Diego Sales & Marketing Career Fair
Southern California Professional Career Event...