[x]close

use comma(,) if mutliple email addresses i.e(friend@domain.com, friend2@domain.com)

Grandfather will get February hearing Neal Putnam | Sat, Jan 25 2014 12:00 PM

A Chula Vista grandfather accused of abandoning his grandchild in a stroller late at night will have his preliminary hearing on Feb. 20, a judge ruled on Jan. 16.

Frank Moreno, 53, has pleaded not guilty to child endangerment and being under the influence of a drug in the Jan. 3 incident.

A skateboarder found the 2-year-old boy asleep in a stroller on the sidewalk at 11:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Quintard Street, according to Chula Vista Police.

Moreno was at a taco shop eating a burrito when he was contacted at 1 a.m. and he said he didn’t know where his grandson was. Moreno had apparently taken the infant out of his mother’s home at 10 p.m.

The baby’s 17-year-old mother called police at 2:42 a.m. when she woke up and discovered her son was missing.

Police had custody of the boy and he was not harmed in the incident. The child has since been returned to the parents, a prosecutor said on Friday.

Moreno remains in jail on $260,000 bail. Moreno has previously been charged with several misdemeanor cases of drunk driving.

Rate This Article 0 vote(s)
Average Vote 0/5
Leave Comment
Name
Email

(will not be published)

Comment(s)

The Star-News | 296 3rd Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910 | Phone: 619-427-3000 | Fax: 619-426-6346 | info@thestarnews.com| Site Feedback| Corporate